Ken Block needs no introduction: He's the mastermind behind the Hoonigan brand and the driver behind the otherworldly Gymkhana videos. Historically, his Gymkhana videos include at least one brutish creation. He left Ford in 2021 after 11 years with Ford Performance, and now he's in a new partnership with Audi. That partnership is now taking shape with the Audi S1 Hoonitron and the newest Gymkhana installment: Electrikhana.
We know it's not British or Italian. We know it doesn't run on one of our Weber carb kits or alloy crossflow heads, but it does have a gear reduction system (not a starter). Here's what we do know about Audi's S1 e-tron Quatro Hoonitron:
- The one-off’s livery features black, grey, white and orange elements said to be inspired by classic Audi Group B and DTM vehicles.
- Underpinning this beast is an 800-volt architecture that drives two electric motors sourced from Formula E.
- These motors are coupled to a gear reduction system that sends power to the wheels through carbon fiber differentials.
- While Hoonigan isn’t stating how much horsepower the car has, it does state that it delivers 3,000 Nm (2,212 lb-ft) of torque at each axle.
- No less than four battery packs were used in order to ensure the car can be quickly recharged.
- Sit back, click play, and enjoy Ken's latest installments: